Sunday, September 22, 2013

Week 2

Thank you for attending our Open House.  It was a pleasure meeting the parents of my new students and I appreciate your taking the time to come to school on Thursday evening.   If you have questions after reading the information I provided, please do not hesitate to contact me. We had a busy week in first grade.  We started reading "just right" books in our reading boxes. We are also working on building our stamina and being able to stay "in the zone" and read for longer periods of time. We worked on writing about our weekend and wrote some small moment stories as well. We will be moving on to lessons on how to edit and revise our writing this week.We talked about school rules and read the book No David by David Shannon.  We had a lesson on friendship with our counselor, Ms. Suhrhoff. We met our firth grade buddies on Friday, listened to the story The Dot and made our own dots that celebrate our being unique individuals.  In math, we are working on number bonds and building number sense. I know many of you had questions about our behavior chart and the colors, so I will attach that to our blog as well for easy reference.  The kids are really responding well to this and it is helping us get off to a great start in first grade. I hope you and your families are having a wonderful weekend.  My family is celebrating my son's 15th birthday.  It seems like yesterday that he was in first grade. - Kristin      

No comments:

Post a Comment